DOT CDL Exam Locations, West Palm Beach, Florida
Do you need to get your physical today? Then call our office and schedule your appointment with our DOT certified doctor. They will review your current situation and share the medical clearance report with you. Visit our office at any time of your liking to get your DOT physical exam completed.
Over the years we have helped and certified thousands of commercial drivers who commute over long distances moving essential items and everything else across multiple cities and states. Our certified drivers have always cleared our stringent yet achievable exams that have also helped them excel professionally and medically. Call or walk into our office today for a quick discussion and learn how we can help you as well.
DOT and CDL Exam FAQs
What is a DOT Physical Exam?
CDL DOT Physical Exam is a type of medical check-up that commercial vehicle drivers have to take under the directions set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This test is compulsory for the drivers to receive their commercial driver’s license (CDL). Under this, the medical examiner conducting the test will give you a form to fill different details about your medical history. This history will cover elements like:
- Treatment history, including surgeries if any;
- Dosage of medications you currently take;
- Your existing and previous medical conditions;
- Your consumption of tobacco, alcohol, or other drug substances
Make sure that you fill also the details correctly and accurately. Any error in the form can lead to your disqualification for the exam. You can ask your examiner for more details on this.
Who Needs to Undergo DOT Physical Exam?
Professional truck or bus drivers who work in extensively demanding jobs are the ideal candidates for this exam. They have to take the test periodically to ensure public safety as well as their own.
Who Can Perform the DOT Physical Exam?
A licensed medical examiner who also features in the FMCSA National Registry. These specialists can be any of the following:
- Medical Doctor
- Osteopathic Doctor
- Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
What Tests Are Done Under DOT Physical Exam?
The examiner will perform the following tests under the DOT physical exam:
- Vision: As a commercial driver, you need to undergo a vision test and come out with a 20/40 acuity score for each eye. You also need to have at least 70″ peripheral vision while on the road. If the vision is not accurate, you must wear the lens to correct your vision before taking the test again.
- Hearing: Your hearing also has to be perfect like your eyes for you to safely drive a commercial vehicle. You should be able to hear sound from a distance of 5 feet to pass the test. If not, you could go for a hearing aid to enhance your hearing capability.
- Blood Pressure: Good heart and controlled blood pressure are other parameters used to assess if the commercial vehicle driver can drive safely on the road. Since commercial vehicles have to travel long distances, you need to have the physical ability to be able to drive for long without any problem. Those with controlled blood pressure and healthy heart clear the DOT physical exam easily.
- Urine Test: This analysis helps the examiner assess if you suffer from any medical condition like diabetes. The same also helps them review whether you use substances like cocaine, marijuana, etc., which can compromise the safety of everyone on the road.
- Physical Exam: The final test includes the test of your brain as well as neurological screening. You will also be tested for:
- Height and weight
- Ease of breathing and swallowing
- Strength of limbs, skeletal and vascular system
- Any other physical limitation or disability